9 days camel trek in the Erg Chegaga dunes, a fantastic way to explore the exotic charms of the Sahara desert.
Day 1 : Marrakech – Tizi-n-test – Taliouine
After breakfast we will depart towards Taliouine across the Berber village of Asni, the valley of Ouirgane, the High Atlas through Tizi N-Test pass (2260 m in altitude), we will stop to enjoy impressive landscaps we’ll have lunch in a local restaurant,then towards to Taliouine and visit the village. Overnight at hotel.
Day 2 : Taliouine – Taznakht – Foum Zguit – Iriki lake – Sahara desert
Leaving Taliouine in the morning to Foum Zguit via Taznakhte, lunch at Foum Zguit. In the afternoon we reach Chegaga, you will make a visit to the nomads living in tents, and crossing the dry lake of iriki and desert plateau full of acacias. Arrive late afternoon to Abed lia the heart of the Sahara dunes, there we will meet the Camel guide then set up camps for the night, and have dinner under a starlit sky or in the nomad tent.
Day 3 : Abed lia to khert lgerzi
After breakfast around 08:00 in the morning we will leave Abed lia waliking through Khert lgerzi (about 4hours). We will pass one part of the sand dunes of Erg chegaga, here we will a stop for lunch near to the palce where the nomads watering their cattle (about 2hours) then we will continue to Khert lgerzi where our first day will finish.
Day 4 : khert lgerzi to Erg sedra
After having breakfast we will continue walking in the heart of the desert, we leave the Khert lgerzi heading to the stunning dunes of Erg Sedra (about 4hours), we will stop for lunch after that we will walk (around 2hours) then countinue to the place that you will spend the night at the camp.
Day 5 : Erg sedra to Erg zehar
After our quite night in the heart of Erg sedra, we will walk toward Erg Zehar which means the dunes of chance, before we rich it we will have a stop for drinking a berber strong tea under the acacia tree, for more energy as Nomads did and have lunch (around 4hours), after relax and lunch we will countinue to Erg Zehar (around 2hours) overnight in the camp.
Day 6 : Erg zehar to Sidi naji
we will leave Erg zehar or dunes of chance waliking (around 4hours), lunch and relax in a quite place. Continue toward Sidi Naji (around 2hours) where is the grave of an old marabout become a place of pilgrimage for the Nomads. Camp there.
Day 7 : Sidi naji to M’hamid El ghezlan
Start our last day trek and we go through all the reg bousnina, (around 4hours) stop in a nice spot for lunch where the landscape change every 2 hours. Live in Mhamid El GHezlan. Ended your camel trekking trip.
Day 8 : M’hamid El ghezlan – Tamegrout Zagoura – Ouarzazate
We will leaving M’Hamid after breakfast, And drive to Ouarzazate via Zagora we will make a stop to visit palm grove. After lunch, we will begin the drive through Draa valley to Ouarzazate, with a mid-afternoon arrival. Overnight in the hotel.
Day 9 : Ouarzazate – Ait Benhaddou – Marrakech
Leaving Ouarzazate in the Morning toward Stopping for a panoramic view of the kasbah of Taourirt then another stop near the atlas film studios. After that you will visit the Kasbah of Ait Benhaddou and have lunch in a local restaurant in the village. In the Afternoon we will drive to Marrakech over the mountains of high Atlas passing through the Tizi N’tichka pass (2260 m in altitude). Ended your 9 days sahara tour.
What to bring
- Make sure your bag is lightweight, you will need your backpack for your daily trekking needs.
- Walking shoes or trainers with sturdy soles.
- Hat to protect from the sun.
- Fleece,gloves, windbreaker,warm hat,warm socks,trousers, nightwear( it is hot during the day but can be freezing at night )
- Ski mask ( against possible sandstorms).
- Sleeping bags.
- Toothbroch and toothpaste.
- Lighter or matches.
- Toilet paper ( which you can buy in Morocco ).
- Rubbish bag
- Bottled water minimum 1,5 liters ).
- Medical supplies: Prescription drugs, painkillers, bandages, and plasteres of drops, sunburn lotion, and diarrhea medication.
Tour includes :
- Private air-conditioned 4WD/van throughout the tour the first 2 days and last 2 days. ( with stops, pick ups and drop offs )
- Englsh speaking driver-guide with sightseeing information.
- 2 nights with diner & breakfast in the hotels in Taliouen and Ourazazate.
- Camel ride ( camel per each ) 5 days in the Sahara desert with (breakfast, diner, lunch)
- Our team / guide, cooker, camels, carrying luggage (tents, mats, food…)
- Full board and water during the trek.
Tour not include :
- drinks and lunch meals in the first 2 days and last 2 days.
- Entrance fees into Kasbahs/museums if applicable.
- Holiday insurrance
Trek in the Sahara desert is principally on foot or on the back of one of the camels which accompany you throughout your whole journey, carrying food, clothes and equipment. This mode of transport has an ancient tradition; nevertheless, a trip by 4×4 is also possible