Once you arrive in Morocco, you will be surprised by the various accommodations it has got with different designs. Some were influenced by European architecture while others still abide by the Moroccan design inherited from generation to generation.
List of some accommodations in Morocco:
- Riads and Guesthouses: Houses with mainly local architecture, characterized by tranquillity and personal service that you may not find in big hotels.
- Hotels: following the range of ranking based on your preferences.
- Kasbah Hotel: A group of earthen buildings surrounded by high walls, the houses crowd together within the defensive walls, which are reinforced by corner towers. Kasbahs become one of the preferred destinations of tourists where they have their meals and spend the nights.
- Berber Tents: the typical and authentic design preferred by Nomads. Tents were mainly made of camel, goat, or sheep wool; always furnished with carpet, a small table, solar-powered lamp/candles, and mattresses on the floor with sheets, blankets, and pillows. Toilets and bathrooms are included in some of them.
- Luxury camps: are bigger and have proper bedding with some furniture luxury camp included shower and toilet (depending on the luxury camp, can be very basic to nicely appointed staff)
- Auberge (Motel): small hotels scattered all over Morocco, mainly in off-road places. If you are an adventure – lover you will encounter them. Then you can take a rest or even spend a night there.